Tuesday, January 31, 2006

the haunting

i need to confess something that i did in the past which is still haunting me to this day. a few years back i watched every episode of one of the worst and most fake reality shows ever, the restaurant, with that rocco di spirito. unfortunately, i'm still reminded of this nightmare experience on a weekly basis because one of the waiters, topher, lives across the street from me. to make matters worse, i found topher's first (and i assume) last interview online yesterday. topher revealed way too much information about himself, and now, i'm haunted even more. let me share some highlights:

  • Our whole family eventually became a troop of clowns -- all but my oldest brother, who was having none of it.... We spent a good solid five years doing that as a business -- twisting animal balloons for money.
  • My best friend said, "What have you done so far?" I said, "I accidentally touched her boobs once." So he gave me the rundown. I went up there and [when it came time], I threw up on her in bed.
  • Cranking out those meatballs.
help me! i need an exorcism.

5 Comments:

Blogger hazeldove said...

omg, i totally remember that. darkpony and i often talk about that. also, it seemed like the moment he got on stage that he had a southern accent. he kept saying, "y'all." you didn't think that his act was cuttin edge?

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think of that part AT LEAST once every two months and that is no lie.

One morning I was getting on the train for work and all of a sudden his whole routine flashed before my eyes. I think I was sort of struck dumb in the train doorway. some guy was like 'hey hurry up asshole. either on or off!'

I mumbled "the guy doing the standup routine on 'the restaraunt'! cant...get..it..out..of..my..head!'

The guy said 'I understand' in a soft voice and helped to a seat.'

whenever my life gets really really shitty I think of that guy up there with his fucking routine. then I feel a whole lot better.

James Frey should watch this episode.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you have to understand: I LOVE 9/11 jokes.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who doesn't?

I think hazeldove should get to work researching what ever happened to this king of comedy.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I think it is safe to say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory decreases, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4 SDHC[/url] DS ccPost)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home