Monday, January 02, 2006

hazeldove's book club

watch out, oprah! i'm hoping this will be a somewhat frequent feature on my blog, though it will depend on how often i finish a book. lately, i've been in a bit of a reading funk but am trying to break out of it. hopefully, my book club will be a major motivator. my book rating system goes as follows:
pretty good
pretty, pretty good
pretty, pretty, pretty good
pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good
if a book really sucks, then i will let you know. usually when that happens, i put the book down and stop wasting my precious time. also, please don't criticize my critique because i have never claimed to be much of a critic. if you have also read the book, let me know your rating based on my rating system.

okay, the inaugural book for my book club is ian mcewan's saturday.
rating:
pretty, pretty & 3/4 good
likes: takes place in one day, politically relevant, great brain surgery descriptions, suspenseful
dislikes: a little slow to get through at times, other parts too descriptive and don't necessarily need to be so descriptive
interesting fact: for being a relatively new title, i bought it at the salvation army for $2.
recommended ian mcewan titles: if you haven't read ian mcewan, try enduring love and/or the cement garden first.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home