Thursday, February 28, 2008

mother knows best

today i was going to wear a sweater that i used to love. it's only six-months old, but since it is acrylic, it already looks and feels like crap. it's all pilly and yuck. where is this leading you wonder...well, when i was moving into my "alternative" dorm freshman year of college, my random roommate had already moved in but was out of the room. so my mother started rifling through some of her things, including a pile of pastel sweaters. then she uttered those fateful words: "uh oh, hazeldove, these are acrylic!" this obvs meant that my roommate and i would most likely be incompatible, which turned out to be the case. her knuckle cracking habit didn't help things, either.

anyway, back to my acrylic sweater. i actually bought it with my mom last september at tj maxx because i thought the style was really neat and it felt like real wool, maybe even cashmere! i also considered buying a second one in black because that's how i roll. fortunately, my mother talked me out of buying the black one, and now i have a grey one for the goodwill. good thing i paid the maxx for the minimum. am i right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home